Couple of days back, I rounded up my 2nd semester exams which also marked the end of a session. A veeeryyyyy long session and year. We started a new session in December 2016 and with the way the school calender was set up for the year, a new session was to start around October. Eiish! I was so excited you guys.
But you know along the line, Nigeria happened. Yup. No, I’m not trying to portray a bad image of Nigeria but you know how it is: the inconsistency of the educational sector. Strikes which run into months, new reforms which were of no direct benefit to me. But regardless, we move.
So yay. I’m counting down to graduation year. Someone say ‘whoop, whoop’. 2 more years though.
*Weeps in 5 years*
This was my best year so far, in a way. And that’s because I got to try out so many new things. So many. I made up my mind to improve my social life and have a good religious life too. As in, have a fellowship or church where I’m consistent in. You get? So below are some of the fun, weird, crazy, interesting, boring, chill, ‘not so fun’ things I got to do.
1. I moved to a new place. It has a white verandah/balcony. Pretty cozy and chill.
At this point, I was excited. Plot Twist.
2. Two months in and our power supply gets faulty. Haven’t said ‘up NEPA’ in 9 months. Village people wehdon!
3. I made the shortest braids in my life. It was about shoulder length. It made me feel very girly. Lmao.
4. I used pink lip liner as eye liner.
5. I had beautiful pictures of me taken. Fam, sometimes I didn’t even believe it was me when the picture came out. Thanks to my amazing G Paused Motions whom I’m going to miss very much.
6. I tried out natural hair for a couple of months. Lots of people loved it. But me in my element, got up one day and cut it. Reason: it became too hard and I don’t have the energy to mix concoction every morning.
7. I was a model scout for a day. One of my goals this year was to get into a very good modelling agency in Nigeria. That’s hasn’t happened yet. But I applied to be a scout for an agency. Scouted at the Owerri mall, my girls didn’t get accepted though. The end.
8. I perfected my sowing!!! I made a shorts, a dress, my confirmation cloth (Yes, I just did that), and an undergoing jumpsuit. This happened during the first strike we experienced.
9. Went for partiesssss. I’m exaggerating, just 3 though. Asides the ones which happened in my hostel. Lol. Wow. I was team ‘where the party at’, and 1 out of 3 times partially the life of the party. Striked that off my list.
10. Walked from my hostel to Diamond bank. Alone. No, my leg didn’t break. Yes, it was fun.
Best part. *rings bell*
11. I became a member of the Protocol unit in my fellowship in school.
12. I found the peeeerrfffeccttt fellowship in school. After my long search that even reached Ynaija. Read here. Always amazing.
13. Fetched water from downstairs to my floor almost everyday. See torture.
14. Did road walk. Twice. First time I was alone. I had to stop because lectures resumed fully and I didn’t want to disappear.
THIS ONE IS WAWU.
15. Thought up a topic for my IT defense, and did research from the scratch. My presentation was also very cool, I invested all my nerves into remembering every word and delivered very well. I was very proud of myself. I got an A. I’m tempted to put ofcourse but then it’s all God’s grace. My topic was ‘Why does the blogosphere seem overcrowded?’
16. I traveled in the middle of the school section. I sincerely thought the lecturers would go on strike as there were rumours. I was kuku tired of education shaa, so I just took my bags one day and went to PHC. The rain that beat me and held my stranded at the park no be here. But it was worth it.
17. I missed so many class attendances, I became scared.
18. I did an advert for Tasty Flavours NG. Talkabout ‘God did that’.
19. Became a part of the TEDxFUTO team which is still under works. God willing. Amazing opportunity.
20. Co-founded Mundus Digital, a full service digital marketing agency located in Owerri which delivers services for brands, individuals and yeah you of course. It’s been an amzing journey so far. And of course, God did that.
There’s something about odd numbers. So I’m going to make it 21.
21. I slept a lot, a whole damn lot. A whole damn lot sometimes I don’t even realize where I am when I wake up. Jeez.
This is not all guys, there are so much more soon. Whatevs.
I love you guys as usual. You all are the bestest people in the world. Thank you for all the support, nice words, not giving up on me, checking up, encouragement. Trust me, this year I’ve felt like I couldn’t continue this blog anymore. Like what’s the use, but when I remember all your thoughts you guys, I know I have to. I’m making impact. God bless you all.
I love you again. I love you. For reals.
Love xx ❤❤